The Compassion, Awareness, and Mindfulness Applied Psychology Specialists (CAMA)
Clinical Psychology skills along with an extensive nursing background, mainly in rural and remote Australia, and an intimate knowledge of rural issues and of the challenges we face maintaining optimal health and life balance, places Director of the CAMA Psychology Group Bernadette Devenish, in a strong position to offer informed relevant support and guidance through difficult times.
Embracing the whole person, this combination of up to date medical and clinical psychology qualifications, facilitates a unique approach to psychological support and lifetime change.
In depth knowledge of the interaction and interdependence of physical and mental health, equips Clinical Psychologist Bernadette Devenish, with the necessary skillset to identify the values and goals of the client, and to offer support toward building a purposeful and fulfilling life based on what matters to them.
Specialty areas include –
- Health Psychology — managing and maintaining optimal physical and mental health. Preventative approaches aimed at reducing the risk of exacerbating existing conditions or of developing illness and chronic disease later in life.
- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (Training) ACT which is a modern form of Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT). ACT teaches specific, structured evidence-based skills which enable people to better manage difficult thoughts and feelings, so they are less an obstacle to living a meaningful, purposeful, fulfilling and satisfying vital life.
- Mindfulness training — a useful tool to help us to step back and shift to a more helpful workable relationship with inevitable difficult human experiences.
- Suicide intervention and prevention — extensive experience in suicidality supported by Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training (ASIST).
- Psychological First Aide following critical incidents or natural disasters toward prevention of PTSD.
- Trauma, PTSD, and Complex Trauma as a result of adverse childhood experiences such as neglect, abuse, and exploitation.
- Managing stress, anxiety, depression, adjustment disorders, relationship and parenting difficulties, loss, grief, separation, and divorce.
- Tele health and video link-up specialising in the delivery of evidence based clinical psychology services online and via the telephone.
CAMA Psychology Group conducts tele and video health, and operates out of their Toowoomba offices at –
- Toowoomba Consulting Rooms, Level 2, Suite 17B, Toowoomba Central Plaza Apartments, 532 Ruthven St
- Brisbane — ACT Centre, 7 Marie Street Milton
If you would like to speak with a psychologist from the CAMA Psychology Group, please telephone during office hours on 0407 535 304 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
In the case of an emergency please phone 000 or Lifeline on 13 11 14 for 24 hour a day 7 days per week support.