In Brisbane, CAMA Psychology Group operate out of the Brisbane ACT Centre, 7 Marie St, Milton.
Director Bernadette Devenish, combines up to date Clinical Psychology skills along with an extensive nursing background, mainly in rural and remote Australia, to provide comprehensive assistance in difficult times.
Specialising in modern Cognitive Behaviour Therapies (CBT) such as ACT (Acceptance and Commitment Therapy), Bernadette is well equipped to guide you toward acquiring essential life skills to facilitate on-going psychological resilience - enabling stability and confidence in the face of life's inevitable challenges.
Specialty areas include -
- Health Psychology - managing and maintaining optimal physical and mental health. Preventative approaches aimed at reducing the risk of exacerbating existing conditions or of developing illness and chronic disease later in life.
- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (Training) ACT which is a modern form of Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT). ACT teaches specific, structured evidence-based skills which enable people to better manage difficult thoughts and feelings, so they are less an obstacle to living a meaningful, purposeful, fulfilling and satisfying vital life.
- Mindfulness training - a useful tool to help us to step back and shift to a more helpful workable relationship with inevitable difficult human experiences.
- Suicide intervention and prevention - extensive experience in suicidality supported by Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training (ASIST).
- Psychological First Aide following critical incidents or natural disasters toward prevention of PTSD.
- Trauma, PTSD, and Complex Trauma as a result of adverse childhood experiences such as neglect, abuse, and exploitation.
- Managing stress, anxiety, depression, adjustment disorders, relationship and parenting difficulties, loss, grief, separation, and divorce.
- Tele health and video link-up specialising in the delivery of evidence based clinical psychology services online and via the telephone.